Why am I Paw-ticipating?
I am paw-ticipating in the 2018 PUP Strut to help raise $25,000 because this past year many of their Canine Assisted Therapy (CAT) dogs have passed over the Rainbow Bridge. So, this year, CAT needs to evaluate and certify 25 new pet therapy teams to fill the legacies of the paws they lost in addition to continue to grow to fill the community needs, which will enhance lives.
How can you help CAT?
• Make a donation to help me reach my fundraising goal to support CAT
• Join me on event day and Strut Your Pup or start your own Canine Crew
• Let people know about the amazing CAT dog therapy teams improving lives everyday
What is CAT?
CAT is a 501(c)3 human service organization that was established in 2009 when the co-founders saw an unmet need in the community to provide safe, effective and quality pet therapy for animals and humans.
CAT serves more than 300,000 individuals annually including:
- with special needs, struggling with literacy skills, testifying in court, coping with bereavement, and residing in child welfare facilities
- Women and Youth in shelters and welfare facilities
- suffering from PTSD and anger management issues
- isolated in nursing homes and dementia care centers
- (pediatric and adult) in hospitals and under hospice care
- College Students stressed during exam periods
- Employees in high pressure industries