ABOUT THE EVENT
The goal of the 2018 Pup Strut is to raise $20,000. Heartbreakingly, this past year many of our Canine Assisted Therapy (CAT) dogs have passed over the Rainbow Bridge. So this year, CAT needs to certify new pet therapy teams to fill the legacies of the paws we lost in addition to continue to grow to fill the community needs. Our mission is to enhance the lives of children and adults by achieving specific physical, cognitive, social, or emotional goals through the use of certified pet therapy teams. Please visit our website (www.catdogs.org) or follow us on Facebook to find out more about our organization and the hope we bring to our community.
CAT is a 501(c)3 human service organization that was established in 2009 when the co-founders saw an unmet need in the community to provide safe, effective and quality pet therapy for animals and humans. CAT serves more than 300,000 individuals annually including:
- Children with special needs, struggling with literacy skills, testifying in court, coping with bereavement and residing in child welfare facilities
- Veterans in nursing homes, VA hospitals and PTSD counseling sessions
- Women and Youth in shelters and welfare facilities
- Seniors isolated in nursing homes and dementia care centers
- Patients (pediatric and adult) in hospitals and under hospice care
- College Students stressed during exam periods
Event Details & Schedule
Date: Saturday, February 3, 2018
Time: 8:30 am to 11:30 am
Registration/Check In: 8:30 am
Vendor Area/Activities Open: 8:30 am
Jaco Pastorius Park
1098 NE 40th Court
Oakland Park, FL 33334
VIP: (includes the t-shirt) - $25.00
Basic: (no t-shirt) - $15.00
CAT VIP Volunteer: (includes t-shirt) - $20.00
CAT Basic Volunteer: (no t-shirt) - $10.00
Children VIP 12 & under: (includes t-shirt) - $10.00
Children Basic 12 & under: (no t-shirt) - FREE
- Refreshments & entertainment will be provided
- Strut Your Pup Awards:
- Best Trick
- Best Owner/Dog Look-a-Like
- Best Dog Costume
- Which Owner/Dog Wears the Most Purple
- Prize for top fundraiser
- Scavenger Hunt
- Please remember that all dogs (and their people) must be physically capable of participating. If a dog is older or unaccustomed to other dogs/large crowds, he/she will probably be happier at home.
- Dogs must have proof of rabies inoculation and be current on all shots.
- Dogs must be kept on a 6ft or shorter leash. No retractable leashes.
- Water for dogs supplied community style.
- Children under the age of 14 must be accompanied by an adult
- Female dogs in any stage of heat will not be allowed to participate and should not be brought to the event.
- The Executive Director and/or Veterinarian reserve the right to refuse entry to any dog deemed hazardous to others or whose physical condition appears to be in jeopardy.
- Paw-ticipants may walk with one dog only.
- Owner is responsible for controlling dog at all times.
- Owner is responsible for cleaning up after the dog. Doggie bags will be provided.
- For safety’s sake cats cannot attend.